By Kyle J. Norton
Cholesterol produced by the liver plays an essential role in moderate amount in orchestrating the production of steroid hormone and vitamin D, building strong cell walls and aiding the digestive system in absorbing nutrients and fluids.
Blood cholesterol can be classified into
* The high-density lipoprotein is also known as good cholesterol processes a function to return cholesterol to the liver.
* The low-density lipoprotein is also known as “bad” cholesterol processed a function aforementioned health benefits in moderate amount.
In a healthy individual, unused cholesterol is returned to the liver. However, overexpression of “bad” cholesterol due to the consumption of a high-fat diet and reduced levels of “good” cholesterol can cause bad cholesterol remaining in the bloodstream, leading to hyperlipidemia.
The healthy ratio of total blood cholesterol (“bad”/ “good”) is any numbers that are less than 4.
Patients with hyperlipidemia are assymptomatic. However, over time hyperlipidemia can cause plaque accumulated on the arterial wall, leading to atherosclerosis, a major cause of heart disease and stroke.
According to the statistics provided by the CDC, in 2015–2016, more than 12% of adults age 20 and older had total cholesterol higher than 240 mg/dL, and more than 18% had high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or “good”) cholesterol levels less than 40 mg/dL in the US.
The life-long condition of hyperlipidemia is treatable. By a change of diet and daily moderate exercise, you may control the condition without medication.
The herbal medicine has been considered as Indian ginseng and used in Ayurvedic medicine over 3000 years to treat tumors and tubercular glands, carbuncles, memory loss, and ulcers and considered as anti-stress, cognition-facilitating, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging herbal medicine.
On finding a potent compound for the treatment of heart disease, researchers examined the effects of Ashwagandha on lowering the blood cholesterol.
The study included rats induced by a high-fat diet treated by aqueous extract of fruits of Withania coagulans for 7 weeks.
According to the tested analysis during the experiment, administration of the extract showed a significantly reduced elevated serum cholesterol, triglycerides and lipoprotein levels.
Furthermore, according to the tested analysis on the liver tissues of treated hyperlipidemic rats, the extracts also inhibited the degenerative changes, compared to hyperlipidemic controls.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How-To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it’s news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada – Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Hypolipidemic and antioxidant activity of aqueous extract of fruit of Withaniacoagulans (Stocks) Dunal in cholesterol-fed hyperlipidemic rabbit model by Shukla K, Dikshit P, Shukla R, Sharma S, Gambhir JK. (PubMed)
(2) Hypolipidemic activity of aqueous extract of Withania coagulans Dunal in albino rats by Hemalatha S1, Wahi AK, Singh PN, Chansouria JP. (PubMed)
(2) Induce Hyperlipidemia in Rats Using High Fat Diet Investigating Blood Lipid and Histopathology by Karam I, Ma N, Yang Y-J, and Li J-Y. (The Journal of Hematology and Blood Disorders)