By Kyle J. Norton
The skin wound is a condition that damage the layers of the skin.
Most cases of skin wound can be treated by washing and disinfecting the wound and applying pressure to control the bleeding following by a sterile dressing or bandage. Very minor wounds may heal without a bandage.
Symptoms of a skin wound are bruising or swelling, itching and redness. Use of over counter pain medicine and applying ice on the wound can be helpful.
On finding a natural compound for the treatment of skin wound, researchers examined the effect of topical curcumin on the healing of skin wounds produced by the CO(2) laser in an animal model.
A prospective, randomized study conducted by the University of Murcia included a total of 270 wounds were made (3 wounds by animal) of 90 mice assigned to three groups (30 animals per group), with the creation of 6-mm incisions in the skin of the dorsal region by means of the CO(2) laser.
Then all mice were assigned to
* Group I, (control group) with no product applied to the resulting wound
* Group II, vehicle 5 mg/day was applied to the wound and
* Group III, topical curcumin of 5 mg/day was applied to the wound
* Incomplete re-epithelialization was found in all wounds (treated or untreated) after 2 days
* After 7 days, 73.33% of the wounds treated with curcumin presented re-epithelialization covering the entire wound, with irregular thickness; nevertheless, compared to only 37.50% of the wounds in control group and 41.67% in the vehicle group.
In inflammatory perspective, there are no significant differences regarding the resolution of the inflammatory process in any of the study groups after 2, 7, and 14 days.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it’s news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada – Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Topical curcumin for the healing of carbon dioxide laser skin wounds in mice by López-Jornet P1, Camacho-Alonso F, Jiménez-Torres MJ, Orduña-Domingo A, Gómez-García F. (PubMed)
(2) Beneficial effect of Curcumin Nanoparticles-Hydrogel on excisional skin wound healing in type-I diabetic rat: Histological and immunohistochemical studies by Kamar SS1, Abdel-Kader DH2, Rashed LA. (PubMed)